That's lovely. It has a very sensual quality to it. "Sussurations" is a fantastic word! The Ben Nevis poem I mean - I thought I posted the comment on the wrong entry. Turns out I did it right the first time. Durr.
This is my poetry portal. A large part of my identity rests in writing and reading poems, and a blog is an effective way to get feedback, track the evolution of the written words. I used to think whatever comes out first should be left untouched, along the lines of Keats' truth/beauty. But more recently I've seen the importance of lifting the layers, reading between the letters, unveiling to the core of a feeling. Craft, then, is as important as rawness. Body and spirit are not separate.
I'm interested in memory and sound in terms of poetry, and the cognitive expectations therein. Also of interest is the idea of myth, the induction of ecstatic experience and the unknown in nature. In terms of poets, I most identify with Poe, Baudelaire, Coleridge and G.M Hopkins.
read some more on Streetcakemagazine.com
4 comments:
That's lovely. It has a very sensual quality to it. "Sussurations" is a fantastic word! The Ben Nevis poem I mean - I thought I posted the comment on the wrong entry. Turns out I did it right the first time. Durr.
What a beautiful poem. The imagery and words leave a lasting impression. Great stuff.
the lasting impression is valid in so far as memory - imprints of images - were at work here
Post a Comment