Thursday, 10 January 2008

influenced by Caroline Bergvall's poetics

To whom does
to whom does she belong
longing like a lonely queen
in feline move
ments, she reclines

In wait
In weight of her heaving heart
Hurt cresc
endo crushing

And how does
and how does she look?
I's narrowed
Eyes narrowed
Facing, effaced, em
Bracing the tale
the smile of Medusa
(use her)

sleek
hat slanted and
slink of tail.

3 comments:

majena mafe said...

hi alice and the cat, I really like your take/piece on Bergvall's work, I'm working on her texts too, How2 journal, is taking submissions for such work if you are interested. I run a blog called that-unsound, http://that-unsound.blogspot.com/
working with experimental sounded text/images and sound. I've put your link on my site thankyou

Ryan Ormonde said...

liked the speaking over pre-recorded voice. Have you considered lyp-synching. Someone made up to look like a cat, lypsynching.

alice and the cat said...

I've just seen these comments - haven't checked my blog for ages! Thanks Majena. i will have a look.